SurviveOur body is first and foremost designed to survive. The very future of our species, and our own family lines, depend on this. Living and long and healthy life is tied to several things from our daily needs for real food and water, to sleep, to the ability to life through an actual attack. The core components of survival are: nutrition, sleep, fight or flight, healing, and learning.
All of my work is grounded in science and I will only share evidence-based strategies and practices. In this section, I will list articles and studies I have used as source material, in case you want to learn more.
Our brain needs sleep to work right
- Sleep is tied to so many key aspects of our success (Time)
- Sleep deprivation leads to eating more and gaining weight (Annals of Internal Medicine)
We're built to eat real food
- High fructose corn syrup makes us fat (Princeton University)
- Broccoli can clean air pollution from our bodies (American Association of Cancer Research)
Why our "fight or flight" response rocks
- How to stay safe if you're in a mass shooting (LifeHacker)