Brain Aware™ Manager Training
the brain-based approach to creating great managers
Get certified in this groundbreaking new manager training
The Brain Aware™ Manager Training is a science-based learning solution that gives managers the critical skills they need to drive success.
The Problem: Bad managers can do real damage, driving attrition of your best people and costing organizations billions of dollars each year. Consider these recent findings:
The Solution: When given the right training, managers not only improve, they can become the “secret sauce” that turns a good organization into a great one! Good managers become a magnet for top talent, increasing productivity and engagement. Gallup’s State of the American Manager Report estimates that managers account for at least 70% of variance in employee engagement scores across business units. Another study found that 50% of employees feel their own performance would improve if their boss received the right kind of manager training. But what is “the right kind” of training? To be effective, it needs to be highly engaging to managers as well as drive sustained behavior change.
The Brain Aware Manager Training is designed to do just that. In these powerful courses, created by Dr. Britt Andreatta—internationally recognized thought leader in leadership development and learning strategy—your learners will gain a new understanding of managing people by learning about the biology and neuroscience of what brings out the best in others. In every engaging session, your managers will actively apply content and concepts to their current teams and projects.
Join the Brain Aware Manager Training list for early access.
Create a cohesive learning journey
The Brain Aware Manager Training offers 30 hours of content over 6 interconnected sessions that create a holistic set of effective skills. Each session features science-based content and related hands-on practice activities. With your certification, you can offer the training in a variety of formats including live in-person, live online, and blended with asynchronous resources like videos, readings, and exercises. Each session is organized around a theme or metaphor and materials are marked with color-coded icons for easy reference and review.
What sets this training solution apart?
- Science-based learning solution that drives “aha! moments” and behavior change
- Award winning product with proven effectiveness
- Appropriate for all kinds of organizations and industries
- Engaging learning experience with strategies your managers can implement immediately
- Best-practices in learning design and delivery ensure great evaluations and return on investment (ROI)
- 100% customizable to your context and culture
- Certification is self-paced to work with your busy schedule
- Robust kit of resources supports a variety of rollout formats and timelines
Your extensive Trainer’s Toolkit includes:
- 6 visually stunning presentation decks featuring a central theme/metaphor and a learning arc that drives “aha! moments”
- 70+ engaging hand-on activities to drive sustained behavior change through hands-on practice and application
- 6 gorgeous session workbooks to keep your learners engaged and growing
- 60+ videos of Dr. Andreatta teaching the content, which you can use to learn how to deliver the content and/or show to your audiences
- 5 timer movies you can insert into the deck to keep exercises and discussions on track
- 3 of Dr. Andreatta’s books (Wired to Resist, Wired to Connect, Wired to Grow)
- Additional materials for extended learning through review webinars and memory boosting concept cards
- Online and self-paced certification to get you up and running quickly and easily
- Feedback from Dr. Andreatta and her team throughout your certification process
- Rollout support with agenda timelines and a complete launch guide to help you succeed
- Live quarterly webinar for ongoing support
Session 1: Managing People
- Data on the impact of good managers
- Growth Culture® Manager Model (with assessment)
- Delegating for development
- Assessing engagement and flight risk
“All the tools were really helpful. As we learned, implementing only one or two tools may make an impactful change but the same tool may not work for every team member. It’s great that I now have a variety of tools to choose from.” ~ Participant
Session 2: Coaching for Impact
- Four types of workplace coaching conversations
- Skills coaching techniques
- Clarity coaching techniques (GROW model)
- Several practice sessions with partner
“The coaching practice really helped me improve my coaching skills. It gave me the motivation and confidence to implement coaching at the job site.” ~ Participant
Session 3: Increasing Emotional Intelligence
- Self-awareness with focus on core values (with assessment)
- Self-control with exploration of hijacks and triggers
- Awareness of others and cultivating empathy
- Building relationships through enhanced communication
“This was my favorite session. Understanding hijacks and triggers really helped push me to have crucial conversations with my team. I also found the core value exercise insightful. It helped me to understand how a misalignment in the core values of teams or team members can really impact a project or cause conflict between individuals.” ~ Participant
Session 4: Creating Peak Teams
- The brain science of high-performing teams
- Types of teamwork and pathways to high performance or dysfunction
- Psychological safety, belonging, and inclusion (with assessment)
- Four Gates to Peak Team Performance®
“My biggest takeaway was the criteria within the Four Gates. Mostly the psychological safety aspect. I am on a project now that has had a complete breakdown of trust, and I’ve seen people get shamed and torn down. After this session, I went back and implemented some of the tools, and had a few crucial conversations. We’ve seen some improvement!” ~ Participant
“I love the way Britt has synthesized leading brain science research with tried and true methods for leading people. My managers are eating it up! The Train-The-Trainer was easy to navigate and provided me the flexibility I need to juggle multiple priorities. The team has been very responsive and collaborative in supporting our rollout.”
~ Justin Reinert, Director of Learning & Development at Amobee
“I’ve done the ‘required’ management and leadership training at a number of companies from small startups to giants in the enterprise space—including Microsoft and Cisco—and without a doubt the training that Britt Andreatta has created has been the most engaging and useful of all.”
~ Tim Ahlers, VP of Product at Avvo Legal
Session 5: Leading Effective Change
- Assessing the impact of change (with assessment)
- The brain science of resistance (with assessment)
- Change Quest® Model
- Troubleshooting common challenges
“Mapping out change was an amazing tool to manage expectations. It will definitely help my teams point out stressful times well in advance so we can plan ahead for it and keep performing well through those stressful changes.” ~ Participant
Session 6: Driving Execution & Accountability
- Intersection of strategy, execution, and accountability
- Overcoming barriers to execution
- Celebrating effort, progress, and success
- Synthesizing all the training content into an action plan
“Before, I would basically show up and manage the job and my team on a day-to-day basis. This session really helped me to take the time to analyze my team, the goal, the challenges, etc. and develop a thoughtful action plan.” ~ Participant
“An amazing program! The best one I’ve taken at my company. I learned a lot about how to be a great manager and now I have new tools and resources to keep growing. I feel much more confident and better equipped to manage my team.”
~ Manager, National Legal Company
“It’s a great training with a lot of valuable takeaways. I became more aware of how my actions directly impact people. It helped me identify blind spots but also gave me tools to minimize the negative effects of them. The best training I’ve taken.”
~ Manager, Global Construction Firm
“The Brain Aware Manager has been one of the best trainings I’ve attended. It gave me a lot of tools and ideas to address some issues I’ve been having, both at work and at home. Very beneficial!”
~ Manager, Global Tech Company
Get certified today!
Within a few short weeks, you can be rolling out this world-class training in your organization. The online Train-The-Trainer program is self-paced, making it easy to get up and running quickly. No need to travel or wait for a public session. All the teaching materials (presentation decks, videos) are immediately available, allowing you to customize them as you learn. Assignments help you prepare to deliver the content and you’ll receive personalized feedback from Dr. Andreatta and her top team of learning and development professionals. Certification/license for all 6 sessions (30 hours of content) is $7,500 per trainer with group discounts starting at five trainers. Who can get certified? Certification is available to both talent professionals who wish to roll out the training to their internal managers, or for independent consultants who wish to bring this training to their clients.
Investing in your managers now will pay off well into the future
The fastest way to increase productivity and engagement in your organization is to invest in your managers. One study found that when companies increase their number of talented managers, they can double the rate of engaged employees, and this yields, on average, 147% higher earnings per share than their competitors.
When you are ready to roll out the Brain Aware™ training to your managers, you’ll purchase the accompanying workbooks that include all 70+ worksheets for the 6 sessions. The cost is $350/manager with quantity discounts starting at 100 workbooks (tiered pricing: the more you order, the more you save). Optional: For an additional fee, we can customize the decks and worksheets to match your organization’s branding including logo, fonts, and colors—contact us for pricing.
If you would like Dr. Andreatta to deliver all or a portion of the training to a special cohort, please contact us for her speaking fees and availability. We also have certified trainers on our team with different price points and areas of expertise.